Fort Buffalo (1861-1865) - A Union U.S. Civil War Fort first established in 1861 in present day Fairfax County, Virginia. Named Fort Buffalo after the city of Buffalo, New York. Abandoned in 1865 at the end of the war.
History of Fort Buffalo
Established in 1861 by elements of the 21st New York Infantry at a strategic road junction (Seven Corners) near Falls Church, Virginia. Briefly occupied by Confederate troops after the battle of First Manassas in July 1861.
The fort was abandoned in 1865 at the end of the war.
No remains built over by Seven Corners Shopping Center, marker only in Fairfax County, Virginia.
Visited: 2 Jun 2016