Fort Carroll (2)
Fort Carroll (2) (1841-1841) - A U.S. Army post established in 1841 during the Second Seminole War by Captain T.P. Guynn, 8th U.S. Infantry, in present day Polk County, Florida. Named for Sergeant Major Francis Carroll, 7th U.S. Infantry, who was killed by hostile Indians while escorting the wife of an officer from Micanopy to Waccahoota. Abandoned in 1841 in favor of Fort Cummings.
Abandoned for health reasons later in 1841 with the troops removed to Fort Cummings.
Private property in Polk County, Florida.
Visited: 1 Feb 2012