Fort Daniel (1813-1814) - Established as a stockaded depot in 1813 by the Georgia State militia. Named for General Allen Daniel . Abandoned sometime in 1814.
Completed 1813 and garrisoned by the 25th Georgia Militia as a defensive supply post during the first Creek Indian War. Linked by the famous Peachtree Road to Fort Peachtree some 40 miles away.
Georgia State marker only, located just south of the junction of GA 124 and GA 324.
Location: Gwinnett County, Georgia.
Maps & Images
Lat: 34.0478813 Long: -83.93407
- Multi Maps from ACME
- Maps from Bing
- Maps from Google
- Elevation: 1,181'
- Roberts, Robert B., Encyclopedia of Historic Forts: The Military, Pioneer, and Trading Posts of the United States, Macmillan, New York, 1988, 10th printing, ISBN 0-02-926880-X, page 219
Visited: 8 Jul 2010