Fort Dinwiddie (2)
Fort Dinwiddie (2) (1772-1780s) - A French & Indian War era fort established in 1772 near Stewartstown, Monongalia County, West Virginia. Named Fort Dinwiddie after Virginia Governor Robert Dinwiddie. Abandoned in the 1780s. Also known as Fort Rogers and Rogers' Fort.
Established in 1772. Described as a VA colonial militia fort of "considerable size" on property owned by Jacob Rogers and located near the present village of Stewartstown on the west side of the Monongahela River, The fort served as an important river defense during the Revolution.
Abandoned in the 1780s.
No Visible remains.