Fort Duncan (2)
Fort Duncan (2) (1793-1808) - Fort Duncan was a British colonial Coastal Fort in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada. Named for Commander Henry Duncan, Royal Navy, Commissioner of the Halifax Navy Yard (1783-1784). Shown as dismantled in Toler's plan of 1808.
Part of the Harbor Defense of Halifax.
Established in Dartmouth directly across from the Halifax Navy Yard to protect it in the summer of 1793. Built as a 160' square earthen redoubt directly across from Fort Coote and meant to work with it in the defense of the Navy Yard.
Shown as dismantled in Toler's Plan of 1808.
No remains and the site is reportedly underneath the approaches to the Angus L. Macdonald Bridge.