Fort Eustis (1918-Present) - First established in 1918 as Camp Eustis. Named after Brigadier General Abraham Eustis, first commander of Fort Monroe. Renamed Fort Eustis in 1923. Active military Installation. Also known as Joint Base Langley-Eustis.
Fort Eustis History
Camp Eustis was established on 25 Mar 1918 as a coast artillery replacement center for nearby Fort Monroe and a balloon observation school.
Fort Eustis Partial Commanders List (edit list)
||McManus, George H.
||Tracy, Joseph Powell
|Dates are formatted in yyyy-mm-dd to sort correctly.|
The Cullum Number is the graduation order from the United States Military Academy by year and class rank and links to a page for the officer on the website version of the Cullum Register. Listings without a Cullum Number indicate that the person was not a graduate of the United States Military Academy.
Active military installation, home of U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command.
- Roberts, Robert B., Encyclopedia of Historic Forts: The Military, Pioneer, and Trading Posts of the United States, Macmillan, New York, 1988, 10th printing, ISBN 0-02-926880-X, page 808
Visited: 12 May 2013