Fort Floyd (1)
Fort Floyd (1) (1838-1838) - A U.S. Army post established in 1838 during the Second Seminole War by Colonel Zachary Taylor in Okeechobee County, Florida. Possibly named for General Charles R. Floyd who commanded Georgia volunteers in south Florida. Abandoned later in 1838. Also known as Fort Lloyd and Camp Lloyd.
The post was abandoned later in 1838.
Unknown, Okeechobee County, Florida