Fort Henderson (1)
Fort Henderson (1) (1837-1837) - Established as a Texas Ranger fort by members of Major William H. Smith's battalion in early 1837. Probably named after General James Pinckney Henderson. Abandoned in the fall of 1837.
Fort Henderson was located in Indian country some distance from the nearest white settlement. The isolation and difficulty in provisioning the fort led to its abandonment soon after it was built.
No visible ruins.