|Fort Calendar||Fort Blogs||
Fort Hudson (1857-1868) - Established 7 Jun 1857 by 1st Lt. Theodore Fink, 8th U.S. Infantry and named for 2nd Lt. Walter W. Hudson who died 19 Apr 1850 as a result of action against hostile Indians. Also known as Camp Hudson.
Fort Hudson History
Never really a fort although referred to in official records as a fort. It was built to protect travelers along the San Antonio-El Paso Road along with Fort Lancaster (1), a community at San Felipe Springs, Fort Clark (1), and Fort Inge.
Location: Located on San Pedro Creek, a tributary of the Devils River, twenty-one miles north of Comstock in central Val Verde County. Map location is approximate.
Maps & Images Lat: 29.4925 Long: -100.8791
Fort Hudson Picture Gallery
Click on the picture to see a larger version. Contribute additional pictures - the more the better!