Fort Johnson (4)
|Fort Calendar||Fort Blogs||
Fort Johnson (4) (1864-1865) - A U.S. Civil War post established in 1864 by Confederate forces in Henrico County, Virginia. Probably named for Confederate Major General Bushrod R. Johnson of Tennessee. Abandoned in 1865.
Fort Johnson (4) History
Part of Richmond National Battlefield Park, Henrico County, Virginia
Location: Richmond National Battlefield Park, Henrico County, Virginia.
Maps & Images Lat: 37.4360872 Long: -77.377881
- Roberts, Robert B., Encyclopedia of Historic Forts: The Military, Pioneer, and Trading Posts of the United States, Macmillan, New York, 1988, 10th printing, ISBN 0-02-926880-X, page 812
Visited: 29 Mar 2012
Fort Johnson (4) Picture Gallery
Click on the picture to see a larger version. Contribute additional pictures - the more the better!