Fort Jupiter (1838-1842) - A U.S. Army post established in 1838 during the Second Seminole War by General Thomas S. Jesup, 2nd U.S. Dragoons, in present day Jupiter, Palm Beach County, Florida. Abandoned sometime in 1842.
Fort Jupiter History
Established 25 Jan 1838 during the Second Seminole War by General Thomas S. Jesup and used to imprison more than 600 captured Seminole Indians during 1836. The prisoners were transported to Fort Brooke (Tampa) and, from there, were finally transported to Indian Territory in Oklakoma. Fort Jupiter was abandoned in 1842.
No remains. Marker located alongside U.S. 1 several miles from the site.