Fort Keyser (1740s-1777) - A French & Indian War settler fort established in 1740s near Stone Arabia, Montgomery County, New York. Abandoned as a fortification in 1777.
History of Fort Keyser
Established in 1740s by Johannes Keyser for settler protection during the French & Indian War. Built as a loopholed 20' by 40' stone house, minimally fortified.
The house was dismantled in the 1840's.
Some remains of the foundation may still exist. Location from Roberts is "...about a quarter of a mile east of the junction of S.R. 10 and C.R. 43 (Dillenbeck Road)." Map point is approximate based on the Roberts desciption.