Fort Lebanon (1755-1758) - A Pennsylvania colonial militia French & Indian War Fort established in 1755 near Auburn, Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania. Renamed Fort William in 1757. Abandoned in 1758.
History of Fort Lebanon
Established in 1755 during the French & Indian War as a 100 foot square stockade enclosing a barracks, magazine, storeroom and two buildings to house settler refugees.
Abandoned as a fortification in 1758.
Pennsylvania State marker at the intersection of PA Route 895 and Fort Lebanon Road (south intersection). Stone Monument at the reported fort site on Fort Lebanon Road.
Location: Near Auburn, Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania. Fort Map point is the stone marker location.
Maps & Images
Lat: 40.60792 Long: -76.07393
- Multi Maps from ACME
- Maps from Bing
- Maps from Google
- Elevation: .....'
- Roberts, Robert B., Encyclopedia of Historic Forts: The Military, Pioneer, and Trading Posts of the United States, Macmillan, New York, 1988, 10th printing, ISBN 0-02-926880-X, page 684.