History of Fort Livingstone
Established in 1874 as the first post built for the new North West Mounted Police (NWMP).
The post served as the first headquarters for the NWMP from 1874 to 1876 and as the served as the temporary seat of government of the North West Territories while the new government buildings were being built in Battleford.
The post was abandoned in 1884.
No remains. Part of Fort Livingstone National Historic Site in Pelly, Saskatchewan.