Fort McPherson (4)
Fort McPherson (4) (1840-1940) - A Hudson's Bay Company fur trading post and fort first established as Peel River Post by John Bell in 1840 near present day Fort McPherson, Northwest Territories, Canada. Relocated in 1848 and named after Murdoch McPherson. Abandoned in 1940.
A Hudson's Bay Company fur trading post and fort first established in 1840 four miles upriver from present day Fort McPherson, Northwest Territories. Relocated in 1848 and renamed Fort McPherson for Murdoch McPherson, who became the Chief Factor for the HBC.
Became the principal trading post in the Mackenzie Delta Regiom and a center of missionary activity.
Closed circa 1940.
Part of Fort McPherson National Historic Site of Canada. Marker only.