Fort Morris (2)
Fort Morris (2) (1745-1748, 1754-1763) - Established in 1745 during King George's War in Colrain, Franklin County, Massachusetts. Abandoned as a fortification in 1748 and regarrisoned during the French & Indian War. Also known as South Fort.
King George's War (1744-1748)
Erected as a palisaded garrison house and garrisoned by settlers during King George's War (1744-1748). The Fort was frequently attacked by hostile Indians.
French & Indian War (1754-1763)
Regarrisoned and expanded during the French & Indian War from 1754 to about 1763.