Fort Pavlosk (1792-1868) - A Russian fort first established in 1792 at present-day Kodiak, Kodiak Island Borough, Alaska. Abandoned by the Russians in 1868.
History of Fort Pavlosk
Established in 1792 by Alexander Andreyevich Baranov as a stockaded blockhouse for the protection of Russian fur interest at Kodiak Island. Abandoned by the Russians in 1868 after the sale of Alaska to the United States on 30 Mar 1867.
An 1808 Russian warehouse remains as the Erskine House, now the Baranov Museum, operated by the Kodiak Historical Society in Kodiak, Kodiak Island Borough, Alaska.