Fort Peirce (1941-1944) - A World War II Coastal Fort first established in 1941 on Biorka Island, Sitka Borough, Alaska. Named Fort Peirce in G.O. 17, 2 Apr 1943, after Captain Charles H. Peirce. Abandoned in 1944.
Part of the Harbor Defense of Sitka.
Part of Biorka Island, Sitka Borough, Alaska.
USGS Geographic Names Information System (GNIS) Database Entry: 2436010
Location: Biorka Island, Sitka Borough, Alaska.
Maps & Images
Lat: 56.8518 Long: -135.5585
- Roberts, Robert B., Encyclopedia of Historic Forts: The Military, Pioneer, and Trading Posts of the United States, Macmillan, New York, 1988, 10th printing, ISBN 0-02-926880-X, page 25
- U.S.Army, Supplement to the Harbor Defense Project Harbor Defenses of Sitka, (SHDSP), 1944, CDSG