Fort Pelly (1824-1912) - A Hudson's Bay Company fur trading fort established in 1824 at an elbow in the Assiniboine River near present day Pelly, Saskatchewan. Moved to a second nearby location in 1856. Abandoned in 1912.
History of Fort Pelly
Established in 1824 as a fur trading post at an elbow in the Assiniboine River near present day Pelly, Saskatchewan. Destroyed by flood in 1825 and by a fire in 1842 and rebuilt in each case. Relocated by Chief Factor William J. Christie in 1856 to higher ground with a focus on agricultural development.
Abandoned in 1912, sold in 1921 and all the buildings were torn down or removed.
Archelogical remains and Markers only near Pelly, Saskatchewan. Fort Pelly-Livingstone Museum in Pelly.