Fort Point (1)
Fort Point (1851-1868) - Established 14 Jul 1851 by Captain William Tichenor and 67 civilian men. The fort was destroyed 10 Oct 1868 in a fire that consumed the fort, Fort Orford and most of the town of Port Orford, Curry County, Oregon.
This fort was built for civilians at Fort Point on the southwest edge of what later became Fort Orford. The fort consisted of two blockhouses and log defenses and was primarily a civilian refuge in case of Indian attack.
Visited: 25 Aug 2007