Fort Taylor (7)
Fort Taylor (7) (1861-1865) - A Union U.S. Civil War Fort first established in 1861 in Falls Church City, Virginia. The fort was abandoned in 1865 at the end of the war.
History of Fort Taylor
Established by October 1861 as a six gun battery overlooking the present day Seven Corners area, then a strategic intersection.
The fort was abandoned in 1865 at the end of the war.
No remains, Taylor's Tavern markers only in Falls Church City, Virginia. The markers around Fort Taylor Park in Falls Church only indirectly reference Fort Taylor itself.
Visited: 2 Jun 2016