Fort Utah (1) (1877-18??) - A pioneer post established in 1877 by the Mormon Lehi Pioneers in present day Mesa, Maricopa County, Arizona. Also known as Old Fort Utah.
An adobe walled refuge built by the Lehi Pioneers for protection against hostile Apache Indians on 6 Mar 1877.
Marker in Lehi, Maricopa County, Arizona.
Location: Marker is at the intersection of North Horne and East Lehi Road,
Mesa, Maricopa County, Arizona.
Maps & Images
Lat: 33.459068 Long: -111.813449
- Multi Maps from ACME
- Maps from Bing
- Maps from Google
- Elevation: .....'
- Roberts, Robert B., Encyclopedia of Historic Forts: The Military, Pioneer, and Trading Posts of the United States, Macmillan, New York, 1988, 10th printing, ISBN 0-02-926880-X, page 48
- AZ0281 - Fort Utah (1)
- AZ0282 - Old Fort Utah
Visited: 4 Mar 2015