Henry Clay's Station
Henry Clay's Station (1787-1788) - A Revolutionary War Station established in 1787 near Paris, Bourbon County, Kentucky. Named Henry Clay's Station after Dr. Henry Clay. Abandoned as a fortification in 1788.
Established in 1787 by Dr. Henry Clay as a stockaded log station. This log stockade was replaced the next year with a stone house as a defense.
The house still exists as a small structure just one-and-one-half stories high with interior end chimneys. The lower floor has two rooms and stairs in the northeast corner lead up to a second floor. The front of the house faces west with two windows on the first floor west wall. Very little modification has been done to the stone section.
The house still exists but there are no remains of the prior log stockade. The house has lately been used to store hay and is locally known as "the Fort". Archeological site designation: 15Bb77.