Johnson's Fort (1)
Johnson's Fort (1) (1757-17??) - A Mormon settlers log family fort established about 1757 during the French & Indian War by William Johnson in Forsyth County, North Carolina. Abandoned as a fortification in 17??.
French & Indian War (1754-1763)
During the French & Indian War William Johnson purchased a square mile of land along the Yadkin River in present day Forsyth County, North Carolina. He built a fort of "huge" logs on the land to protect his family and neighbors from Indian attacks.
Stone marker only. Part of Tanglewood County Park, Forsyth County, North Carolina
Visited: 25 Mar 2012