Kahe Point Military Reservation
Kahe Point Military Reservation (1942-1948) - A U.S. Army Military Reservation established in 1942 during World War II on Oahu Island in Honolulu County, Hawaii. Abandoned in 1948.
A World War II military reservation established on some 955 acres first as a defensive strong point and later as the site of Battery Arizona. The land was acquired and then occupied by the Army as of 26 Oct 1942. The construction of Battery Arizona begun in 1942 and was halted on 1 Aug 1945 before the battery was completed. The site was place in caretaker status until the end of the war. The battery was then abandoned until it was scrapped in 1948.
Also located on the reservation was Battery 155 - Kale Point a battery of four 155mm GPF guns on Panama Mounts.
The 787 acres of leased land was returned to the owners after the war but the U.S. Army made an application to condemn 168 acres for use as a coastal defense site presumably to preserve the abandoned Battery Arizona site.
Underground structures largely intact the site is the Waimanalo Gulch Landfill site in Honolulu County, Hawaii. Access is restricted. No guns or carriages on the site.