Patterson's Fort (1755-1756) - A French & Indian War Fort established in 1755 along the Juniata River near Mexico, Juniata County, Pennsylvania. Named Patterson's Fort after landowner Captain James Patterson. Renamed Fort George in 1756 probably after King George II. Abandoned in 1756.
History of Patterson's Fort
Established in 1755 as a temporary settler fort. Garrisoned by Provincial troops from the end of 1775 to August 1776 and renamed Fort George. Unsuccessfully attacked by hostile Indians in October 1755
Abandoned as a fortification in 1756 after the fall of Fort Granville on 3 Aug 1756.
State Marker on Route 3002 (Old US 22) about 1 mile east of Mexico, Pennsylvania. Also a stone marker is identified by the Juniata County Historical Society but the location is unclear.