Sherburne's Redoubt - West Point
Sherburne's Redoubt - West Point (1779-1783) - A Revolutionary War Redoubt established in 1779 on the present day military reservation of the United States Military Academy on Constitution Island in Orange County, New York. Named for Colonel Henry Sherburne. Abandoned at the end of the war in 1783.
Part of Fortress West Point.
A land side defense built in 1778 by Colonel Henry Sherburne and his regiment to cover the northern land side approach to Fort Clinton and the West Point Plain. Placed to be outside the field of fire of Fort Putnam.
No remains, markers only. On active Military installation and access may be restricted.
Visited: 31 May 2013