1st Georgia Volunteer Infantry
1st Georgia Volunteer Infantry (1898-1898) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Griffin, Ga., May 11 to 14, with 46 officers and 960 enlisted men.
- Assigned to First Brigade, Second Division, First Army Corp
- Left Griffin June 17; arrived at Chickamauga, Ga., June 18
Furloughed for thirty days
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Macon, Ga., November 18, with 46 officers and 852 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-none. Enlisted men-died of disease, 9; killed by accident, 2; deserted,24.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581