1st Kentucky Volunteer Infantry
1st Kentucky Volunteer Infantry (1898-1899) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Lexington, June 1 to 10, 1898, with 48 officers and 1,251 enlisted men.
- Assigned to First Brigade, First Division, First Army Corps, June 11
- Assigned to Third Brigade, First Division, First Army Corps, July 5
- Ordered to Chickamauga, Ga., June 2; arrived June 11
- Ordered to Newport News, Va., July 26; arrived July 28
- Companies F, H, I, K, L, and M sailed from Newport News on the "Hudson" August 3; arrived at Mayaguez, P. R., August 10
- Companies A, B, C, D, E and G sailed from Newport News August 9; arrived at Ponce, P. R., August 17
- Sailed from Porto Rico on the "Berlin" December 5; arrived at Newport News, Va., December 12
- Left Newport News December 12; arrived at Louisville, Ky., December 13 or 14
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Louisville February 24, 1899, with 47 officers and 1,222 enlisted men: Casualties while in service: Officers-none. Enlisted men-died of disease, 27; killed by accident, 1; deserted,3.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581