1st New Hampshire Volunteer Infantry
1st New Hampshire Volunteer Infantry (1898-1898) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Concord, N. H., May 8 to 14, 1898, with 47 officers and 952 enlisted men.
- Assigned to Third Brigade, Third Division, First Army Corps, May 20
- Left Concord May 17; arrived at Chickamauga, Ga., May 20
- Left Chickamauga August 27; arrived at Lexington, Ky., August 28
- Left Lexington September 11; arrived at Concord September 12
- Furloughed for thirty days September 13
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Concord, N. H., October 31, 1898, with 47 officers and 1,234 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-died of disease,3. Enlisted men-died of disease,29; deserted, 13.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581