2nd Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry
2nd Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry (1898-1898) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Mount Gretna, Pa., May 10 to 13, 1898, with 40 officers and 754 enlisted men.
- Companies A, C, F, H, and K changed ,Station from Mount Gretna to Pompton Lakes, N. J., May 17
- Companies B, D, E, G, and I changed station from Mount Gretna to Montchanin, Del., May 19
- Companies A, C, F, H, and K changed station from Pompton Lakes to Penngrove, N. .T., May 25, and from Penngrove to Montchanin, Del., September 6
- Regiment moved to Philadelphia September 15
- Furloughed for thirty days, September 15
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Philadelphia, Pa., November 15, 1898, with 25 officers and 391 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-none. Enlisted men-died of disease, 2; deserted, 12.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581