2nd Texas Volunteer Infantry
2nd Texas Volunteer Infantry (1898-1898) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Austin, Tex., May 11 to 13, 1898, with 46 officers and 956 enlisted men.
- Assigned to Third Brigade, First Division, Fourth Army Corps, May 23
- Transferred to Second Brigade, First Division, Seventh Army Corps, June 25
- Left Austin May 22; arrived at Mobile, Ala., May 23
- Left Mobile June 26; arrived at Miami, Fla., June 27
- Left Miami August 6; arrived at Jacksonville, Fla., August 7
- Left Jacksonville September 20; arrived at Dallas, Tex., September 23
- Furloughed for thirty days September 29
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Dallas, Tex., November 9, 1898, with 45 officers and 1,119 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-none. Enlisted men-died of disease, 15; deserted, 4.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581