2nd U.S. Volunteer Cavalry
2nd U.S. Volunteer Cavalry (1898-1898) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Denver, Colo., and Cheyenne, Wyo., May 1 to 30, 1898, with 41 officers and 968 enlisted men.
- Assigned to Third Division, Seventh Army Corps, June 28
- Left Cheyenne June 25; arrived at Jacksonville, Fla., June 28
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Jacksonville, Fla., October 24, 1898, with 47 officen! and 565 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-none. Enlisted men-died of disease, 16; killed by accident, 6; deserted, 4.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581