2nd Virginia Volunteer Infantry
2nd Virginia Volunteer Infantry (1898-1898) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Richmond, Va., May 11 to 21,1898, with 45 officers and 976 enlisted men.
- Assigned to Third Brigade, Second Division, Seventh Army Corps, June 2
- Left Richmond June 1; arrived at Jacksonville, Fla., June 2
- Left Jacksonville September 19; arrived at Richmond September 20
- Furloughed for thirty days September 24
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Salem, Woodstock, Richmond, Harrisonburg, Wytheville, Lynchburg, Roanoke, Staunton, and Portsmouth, Va., December 13 to 20, 1898, with 46 officers and 1,146 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-died of disease 1, Enlisted men-died of disease, 20; drowned, 1; deserted, 5.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581