2nd Wisconsin Volunteer Infantry
2nd Wisconsin Volunteer Infantry (1898-1898) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Milwaukee, Wis., May 12, 1898, with 49 officers and 972 enlisted men.
- Assigned to Third Brigade, First Division, First Army Corps, May 17
- Left Milwaukee May 13; arrived at Chickamauga, Ga., May 17
- Left Chickamauga July 5; arrived at Charleston, S. C., July 7
- Sailed from Charleston July 20; arrived at Guanica, P. R, July 26, and at Ponce, P. R, July 27
- Participated in engagement at Coamo August 9, and in the Porto Rican campaign until August 13
- Nine companies sailed from Porto Rico on steamship "Obdam" September 1, arrived at New York City September 7, and at Milwaukee, Wis.. September 9.
- Three Companies sailed from Porto Rico on steamship "Alamo" September 8, arrived at New York City September 16, and at Milwaukee September 18.
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Sheboygan, Mansfield, Oshkosh, Ripon, Fond du Lac, Appleton, Manitowoe, Marinette, Beaver Dam, Ashland, and Oconto. Wis., November 9 to 21, 1898, with 48 officers and 1,248 enlisted men. Casualties while in Officers-none. Enlisted men-died of disease, 39; deserted, 1.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581