32nd Michigan Volunteer Infantry
32nd Michigan Volunteer Infantry (1898-1898) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Island Lake, Mich., May 11 to 14, 1898, with 47 officers and 966 enlisted men.
- Assigned to Second Brigade, First Division, Seventh Army Corps, May 25
- Transferred to First Brigade, Third Division, Fourth Army Corps, June 11
- Arrived at Tampa, Fla., May 22
- Left Tampa, Fla., July 20; arrived at Fernandina, Fla., July 23
- Left Fernandina September 3; arrived at Huntsville, Ala., September 6
- Left Huntsville September 16; arrived at Island Lake, Mich., September 18
- Furloughed for thirty days September 24
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Island Lake, Coldwater, Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Battle Creek, Grand Haven, and Detroit, Mich., October 25 to November 9, 1898, with 46 officers and 1,234 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-none. Enlisted men-died of disease, 20; deserted, 2.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581