3rd Alabama Volunteer Infantry
3rd Alabama Volunteer Infantry (1898-1899) - Organized at Mobile, and mustered into the service of the United States at Mobile June 4 to August 5, with 46 officers and 1,185 enlisted men.
- Assigned to First Brigade, First Division, Third Army Corps, September 9
- Transferred to First Brigade, Second Division, Fourth Army Corps, at Anniston, October 7
- Left Mobile September 7 and 8, arriving at Anniston September 9
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Anniston March 20, 1899, with 46 officers and 992 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-none. Enlisted men-died of disease, 7; killed by accident, 1; murdered, 3; deserted, 88.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581