3rd Connecticut Voluntary Infantry
3rd Connecticut Voluntary Infantry (1898-1899) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Niantic, July 2 to 6, with 45 officers and 1,232 enlisted men.
- Assigned to Second Brigade, First Division, Second Army Corps, October 7
- Left Niantic September 9; arrived at Camp Meade, Pa., September 10
- Left Camp Meade November 15; arrived at Summerville, S.C., November 17
- One battalion left Summerville January 21, 1899; arrived at Savannah, Ga., January 22
- Two battalions left Summerville February 16; arrived at Savannah February 17
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Savannah, Ga., March 20, 1899, with 45 officers and 1,105 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-none. Enlisted men-died of disease, etc., 15; deserted, 51.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581