3rd Georgia Volunteer Infantry
3rd Georgia Volunteer Infantry (1898-1899) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Griffin, Ga., August 24, with 43 officers and 1,243 enlisted men.
- Assigned to Second Brigade, Third Division, Second Army Corps, October 7
- Left Griffin November 21; arrived at Savannah November 22.
- Sailed from Savannah on S. S. Roumania January 14,1899; arrived at Nuevitas, Cuba, January 18
- Changed station to Minas, Cuba, January 30 and February 1.
- Sailed from Nuevitas March 25; arrived at Augusta, Ga., March 29.
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Augusta, Ga., April 22, 1899, with 46 officers and 945 enlisted .men. Casualties while in service: Officers-died of disease, 1. Enlisted men-died of disease, 24; killed by accident, 1; deserted, 50.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581