3rd Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry
3rd Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry (1898-1898) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Mount Gretna, Pa., May 9 to 11 and July 22, 1898, with 40 officers and 816 enlisted men.
- Assigned to First Brigade, Second Diyision, First Army Corps, May 17
- Assigned to Third Brigade, Second Division, Fourth Army Corps, June 4
- Left Mount Gretna May 15; arrived at Chickamauga, Ga., May 17
- Left Chickamauga June 1; arrived at Tampa, Fla., June 4
- Companies I and K, which were mustered in July 22, left Gretna, Pa., July 22, and arrived at Fernandina, Fla., July 24
- Remainder of regiment left Tampa July 30 and arrived at Fernandina July 31
- Regiment left Fernandina August 25; arrived at Huntsville, Ala., August 27
- Left Huntsville September 8; arrived at Philadelphia, Pa., September 10
- Furloughed for thirty days September 13
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Philadelphia, Pa., October 22, 1898, with 42 officers and 877 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-none. Enlisted men-died of disease, 12; killed by accident, 1; deserted, 5.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581