5th Ohio Volunteer Infantry
5th Ohio Volunteer Infantry (1898-1898) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Columbus, Ohio, May 11 and June 30, 1898, with 47 officers and 913 enlisted men.
- Assigned to First Brigade, First Division, Seventh Army Corps, May 21
- Transferred to First Brigade, Third Division, Fourth Army Corps, June 11
- Left Columbus May 17; arrived at Tampa, Fia., May 21
- Left Tampa July 23; arrived at Fernandina, Fla., July 24
- Left Fernandina September 8; arrived at Cleveland, Ohio, September 12
- Furloughed for thirty days September 30
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Cleveland, Ohio, November 5, 1898, with officers and 1,221 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-none. Enlisted men-died of disease, 22; deserted, 3.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581