7th California Volunteer Infantry
U.S. Civil War (1861-1865)
7th California Volunteer Infantry (1864-1866) - Organized at large October to December, 1864.
- Department of the Pacific
- District of Arizona June, 1865
Mustered out June 28, 1866.
Spanish American War (1898-1898)
7th California Volunteer Infantry (1898-1898) - Organized at San Francisco; mustered into the service of the United States at San Francisco May 9, 1898, with 59 officers and 979 enlisted men.
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Los Angeles December 2, 1898, with 50 officers and 1,169 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-none. Enlisted men-died of disease, 20; deserted, 5.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581