9th Illinois Volunteer Infantry
9th Illinois Volunteer Infantry (1898-1899) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Springfield, Ill., July 4 to 11, 1898, with 45 officers and 1,276 enlisted men.
- Assigned to Second Brigade, Second Division, Seventh Army Corps, August 9
- Assigned to Second Brigade, First Division, Seventh Army Corps
- Ordered to Jacksonville, Fla., August 3
- Moved from Jacksonville to Savannah, Ga., October 21
- Sailed from Savannah on steamship Mobile January 3, 1899; arrived at Habana, Cuba, January 5
- Sailed from Habana on steamship Dixie April 19; arrived at quarantine at Savannah, Ga., April 21
- Left quarantine and arrived at Augusta, Ga., April 28.
Mustered out of the serviee of the United States at Augusta, Ga., May 20,1899, with 45 officers and 1,095 enlisted men. Oasualties while in service: Officers-killed by accident, 1; enlisted men-died of disease, 27; killed by accident, 2; deserted, 4.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581