Adobe Camp (1865-1865) - Established 18 Sep 1865 by Captain Loren L. Williams, H Company, 1st Oregon Volunteer Infantry. Probably abandoned 3 Oct 1865 when Camp Wright (1) was established nearby.
Adobe Camp History
The post was built on a level plat of ground 25 yards square with sod wall 30" high with an inside ditch 30" deep.
Location: On the Silvies River,in Harney Valley, Harney County, Oregon
Maps & Images
Lat: 43.43320 Long: -118.91770
- McArthur, Lewis A. & McArthur, Lewis L., Oregon Geographic Names, Oregon Historical Society Press; 7 edition (December 2003), 1073 pages, ISBN 0875952771, ISBN 978-0875952772, page 148
- Roberts, Robert B., Encyclopedia of Historic Forts: The Military, Pioneer, and Trading Posts of the United States, Macmillan, New York, 1988, 10th printing, ISBN 0-02-926880-X, page 661