Camp Rilea (1927-Present) - Established in 1927 as an Oregon National Guard summer training area named Camp Clatsop. Name was changed to Camp Rilea in 1959 after Major General Thomas E. Rilea, Adjutant General of Oregon. The post is an active Oregon National Guard installation.
Camp Rilea History
Camp was federalized 1940-1947 for World War II but reverted back to state control at the end of that period.
Active Military Installation, Oregon National Guard training area and heliport. Training area of 350,000 acres.
Location: Patriot Way, Warrenton, Clatsop County, Oregon 97416
Maps & Images
Lat: 46.122987 Long: -123.93342
- McArthur, Lewis A. & McArthur, Lewis L., Oregon Geographic Names, Oregon Historical Society Press; 7 edition (December 2003), 1073 pages, ISBN 0875952771, ISBN 978-0875952772, pages 150-151
- Roberts, Robert B., Encyclopedia of Historic Forts: The Military, Pioneer, and Trading Posts of the United States, Macmillan, New York, 1988, 10th printing, ISBN 0-02-926880-X, page 667
Camp Rilea Picture Gallery
Click on the picture to see a larger version. Contribute additional pictures - the more the better!