Ferguson Point Battery
History of Ferguson Point Battery
Part of the Harbor Defense of Vancouver in British Columbia.
Established in 1939 during World War II on Ferguson Point at the entrance to Vancouver Harbor. The battery was initially armed with two 6" MK7 guns on MK2 mounts and manned by batteries of the Canadian 15th Coast Artillery which had been mobilized 25 Aug 1939. The original guns were exchanged in 1942 for two 4.7" quick firing (QF) guns from Yorke Island Battery. On 1 Sep 1944 the battery was reduced to maintenance manning and the men of the 15th Coast Artillery were reassigned elsewhere. The battery was deactivated by October 1945.
Royal Canadian Artillery Marker on site. The Teahouse restaurant at the point was originally an officer's mess. The gun emplacements were buried circa 1948 but part of the underground magazine remains, no public access to the magazine. All part of Stanley Park in Vancouver, British Columbia. Magnificent view of the harbor entrance.
Visited: 2 Jun 2014
Ferguson Point Battery Picture Gallery