Fort Arkansas (1855-1856) - A Washington Indian War blockhouse established in 1855 near Castle Rock, Cowlitz County, Washington. Named Fort Arkansas after the location in the Arkansas Valley. Abandoned as a fortification in 1856.
A blockhouse established in 1855 during the Washington Indian War by Henry Jackson and local settlers at the southeast end of Arkansas Valley on the Cowlitz River at Castle Rock. No attacks occurred in the area and the blockhouse was never used for its intended purpose.
Abandoned as a fortification and refuge in 1856.