Fort Ebey (1)
Fort Ebey (1) (1855-1856) - A Washington Indian War Fort established in 1855 near Everett, Snohomish County, Washington. Named Fort Ebey after Isaac N. Ebey by his company of Washington Territorial Militia that built the fort. Abandoned as a fortification in 1856.
Fort Ebey was a small, rectangular, one-story log fort that was built in 1855 on a small river bar island, at the head of Ebey Slough, on the Snohomish River.
Fort Ebey on the Snohomish River was one of a chain of forts and blockhouses that ran from Port Townsend to Whidbey Island, to Fort Ebey, and several more on the Snoqualmie River. Fort Ebey's function was to block river traffic on the Snohomish River.
Abandoned as a fortification in 1856.
The small river bar island, where Fort Ebey was located, has since washed away and all that remains is a river bar.