Bradley Blockhouse (1855-1856) - A Washington Indian War Blockhouse established as a settler defense in 1855 near Lakewood, Pierce County, Washington. Abandoned as a fortified defense in 1856.
Established first as a log barn on Flett Creek in the 1840s. During the Washington Indian War of 1855 and 1856 it was used as a blockhouse for the protection of local settlers.
Abandoned as a fortified defense sometime in 1856.
In 1889, the Flett Family House was built over the site of the old blockhouse/barn. In the 1950s, the house was moved about 300 feet north to another lot to make room for a gas station.
A stone Monument with a metal plaque was erected in 2002 at the northwest corner of Custer Road West and Bridgeport Way West.