Camp Aurora (1862-1862) - A Union U.S. Civil War era Camp established by the Company A, 2nd California Volunteer Cavalry in 1862 near Aurora, Mineral County, Nevada. Named Camp Aurora after the Town. Abandoned later in 1862.
Established in 1862 as a temporary camp first at Aurora and then relocated to Adobe Meadows 1 mile from old Aurora and 20 miles southwest of Hawthorne in Mineral County, Nevada. This location is near the Nevada-California State line and it was not clear at the time which state the camp was located.
The camp was established by Captain Edward A. Rowe and Company A, 2nd California Volunteer Cavalry, from Fort Churchill on or about 14 May 1862. The post was designed to reestablish peace between the settlers and Indians in the region.
Abandoned in August 1862, with the troops returning to Fort Churchill.
Unknown, Aurora is now a ghost town.